The original science building, now known as the Peter S. Trumbower Science Building, was first proposed in the year 1923 in order to accommodate for Muhlenberg’s growing population of science students. In hopes of creating an up-and-coming science building, the proposed building was to be made with equipped modern technology and laboratories in which students and professors could learn and conduct research. Moreover, when the new science building was created, it included the departments of Chemistry, Physics, Biology, and Geology. The new building allowed for a spacious environment in which students and faculty could work together without the stress of a congested environment.